Sometimes we just want to knock our heads against the wall until the wall cracks or we loose our senses…
That’s how I feel now, after loosing more than 30 minutes figuring out how reference JSON.NET in a Windows Phone 8 Project.
So, I took the Silverlight assembly, and added it to the project and this is what I got: a nice “A reference to a higher version or incompatible assembly cannot be added to the project.” error message..
After recompiling the assembly, and doing no matter what, I found out that all it takes is to unblock the file in windows explorer:
Et voilá.. now the assembly can be referenced on the project..
I’ll go just knock my head on the wall a bit more..